What will it look like?
This site layout features the inclusion of a possible future re-alignment of Moorebank Avenue to the northern and eastern boundary of the precinct. There is no current proposal to realign Moorebank Avenue but MIC and SIMTA may seek approval to do this as the precinct grows to near its full capacity. Any such proposal would be subject to a separate planning approval process. MIC would ensure the road remains open for public use.
Moorebank intermodal freight precinct
Key aspects of the design include an:
- import-export (IMEX) terminal located on the SIMTA land in the precinct, towards the centre of the combined site;
- interstate terminal located on the MIC land in the precinct, towards the centre of the combined site;
- warehousing facilities surrounding the terminal facilities;
- connection to the Southern Sydney Freight Line (SSFL) via a bridge over the Georges River connecting to the southern boundary of the precinct;
- vehicle access from a new Moorebank Avenue / Anzac Road intersection via the M5 Motorway;
- retention and enhancement of riverside vegetation; and
- a piped stormwater network and detention basins to treat runoff before discharge to the Georges River, through upgraded stormwater channels.