What's happening now
Moorebank Intermodal Company (MIC) and Sydney Intermodal Terminal Alliance (SIMTA) have combined their adjoining sites to create a single freight precinct in Moorebank.
NSW concept approval
On Friday 3 June 2016, the NSW Planning Assessment Commission approved MIC's Stage 1 State Significant Development Concept Approval for an intermodal terminal on the MIC owned land at Moorebank now known as Moorebank Precinct West. The PAC's determination can be viewed here.
On the 27 September 2016, the Commonwealth Department of Environment and Energy (DoEE) approved MIC's environmental and planning approval application under Section 104 of the Commonwealth Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Act 1999 for development of an intermodal terminal on Moorebank Precinct West. The final Environmental Impact Assessment Statement (EIS) documentation consists of the draft EIS exhibited in late 2014, the two Response to Submissions report and a summary document. The DoEE approval can be viewed here.
The finalised EIS is available to download.
SIMTA has received the following planning approvals to date:
- NSW - SIMTA Intermodal Facility Concept Plan (30 September 2014)
- Commonwealth Department of Environment determination (14 February 2014)
- NSW - SIMTA Intermodal Terminal Facility Stage 1 (14 December 2016)
All future planning applications will be managed by SIMTA for the development of the Moorebank Intermodal Terminal on the combined precinct.
SIMTA has recently sought additional approvals as follows:
- Moorebank Precinct East (MPE) Concept Plan Modification Application No. 2 (MP10_0193MOD2) including upgrading of Moorebank Avenue and provision for interim site access to the warehousing from Moorebank Avenue
- Moorebank Precinct West (MPW) Modification No.1 (SSD5066_MOD1) to allow for the future importation of fill material and bulk earthworks on Moorebank Precinct West
- Moorebank Precinct East Stage 2 EIS (SSD16_7628) for the development of warehousing on Moorebank Precinct East
Details of these can be found at www.simta.com.au.