Moorebank Intermodal Company (MIC) is a wholly owned Australian Government entity established to facilitate the development of an intermodal terminal at Moorebank - a nationally significant infrastructure project that will help Sydney manage the expected growth in freight moving through the city.
MIC has entered into agreements with Sydney Intermodal Terminal Alliance (SIMTA) to develop and operate the terminal. SIMTA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qube Holdings, one of Australia's largest and most experienced operators in the freight logistic industry.
Moorebank Logistics Park will deliver a range of benefits for the local community and broader economy, including:
- over $11 billion in economic benefits, including $120 million for south-western Sydney
- the creation of around 6,800 jobs
- a reduction in congestion growth in south-western Sydney through fewer trucks on the road
- a better outcome for the environment
- a package of community improvements
Major construction is due to start soon. For more information about SIMTA and the construction and operation of the site, please visit SIMTA's website.